Email not working properly

(Roland) #1

Using Digital Ocean one click app. I setup mail and tested SPF Text Record and DKIM Record are fine using Sparkpost.com. Showed everything fine.

Initially I tried mailgun- showed my domain disabled from the start even when verified.
I tried mailjet- locked my account for verification says 2 days.
Sendgrid has no free version to try. Not wanting to pay for it and it locks account or doesnt work.

I followed thru everything on putty just fine.

Get this: Thanks! Discourse has now been configured. Create an account via the web interface for the email address xxxx@xxxx.io to continue. root@discourse#

Looks good when i go to the site. Attempt to create account with that email under user admin and it doesnt allow it. Create account with different username instead.

`

You’re almost done! We sent an activation mail to xxxxx@xxxx.io. Please follow the instructions in the email to activate your account.

If it doesn’t arrive, check your spam folder, or try to log in again to send another activation mail.
`

and nothing. i try to sign in again and resend the acitivation email and still nothing. Under sparkpost summary i get targeted to that .io domain 2 times which is what it should be but see nothing whatsoever. How can I check this?

(Nam Nguyen) #2

I think you can contact Spakpost Customer Services. Previously, I open account with spakpost, domain well vertify, but it cannot send mail like your case. then I send a ticket to help. and they check that my domain manually, it blocked. and they told me that my domain cannot enable because the policy.

I’m using mailgun now, when I opened account, it was blocked too. I asked a sale guy, and I explained clearly about the purpose of using email and website. Finally, they unlock my account and accept my domain.

:slight_smile: hope it useful

(Roland) #3

I sent support tickets to all three about the accounts and havent heard anything back. Hopefully I hear something soon. 30 min install takes all day with email bs lol

(Nam Nguyen) #4

if you want to install discourse for test or small community… You can try Zoho Mail Free Plan for alternative, it easy to register and it work fine with Discourse. I tested

(Roland) #5

Id hate to end up with more problems later not having a good enough email service. Would be nice to turn it off and not require email activation from the start. I maybe have 300 active users now on site not to mention tapatalk. So i need enough to at least cover them and any spam bots that try to get thru.

(Roland) #6

Just an update. It was the email service. I went with sendgrid and redid my droplet with new info. Worked fast and perfectly to get me in.

(Jeff Atwood) #7