Ember errors when adding script to </body>

Have searched (a lot) to try and make sure I’m not missing something, but I’m totally stumped. Currently adding any sort of <script> tag to any part of the theme editor is throwing a 403 error on Ember JQuery.

Anyone know what’s going on here? (Using a fresh Discourse install hosted on Discourse.org)

Followed instructions here - https://meta.discourse.org/t/add-javascript-from-optimizely/35470

Error below, which I can consistently reproduce. Saving anything other than a script works fine.

1 Like

Hmm…no repro on try.discourse.org.

So I poked the response body of the 403 and found it was a Cloudflare intercepting the request payload and asking me to complete a captcha :woman_shrugging:. I’m in South Africa at the moment so I managed to get around it by connecting to a VPN to the UK.

2 hours well spent :joy:

3 Likes

We strongly recommend you disable cloudflare on Discourse (other than for DNS usage, which is fine), it causes many problems in our experience. Plus we already provide a global CDN to all customers.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.