Upgraded to discourse version 2.8.0.beta7 & beta8 causing data loss of </head> section scripts that hasn't been loaded most times in browser

Hi,

After upgraded to discourse 2.8.0.beta7 & beta8 versions, below issue was occurred,

• I have written some javascript in theme component </head> (or) Head section which will work when discourse events getting triggered like OnAppEvent, DecorateWidget & OnPageChange. But the scripts written in </head> section wasn’t loaded in the browser sometimes. Header and After Header sections are loading well across the site. I found the </head> section script file was missing in browser source by seeing the below image,

Javascript_NotLoadingIssue

Can someone confirm this issue occurred by upgrading the discourse version into 2.8.0.beta7 & beta8 or not ?

Lots of things changed when switching to ember cli. New installs will default to Ember CLI builds in Productionmight provide some clues.

I think that even if you didn’t enable it explicitly, some of the changes made to prepare for it may be what is causing the problem.

Are you seeing any errors in the browser console? I’m surprised that the issue only happens ‘sometimes’ - that makes me think it might be something specific to your site’s setup, rather than something that changed in Discourse :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, Please check the below browser console errors

Do you have a proxy (e.g. cloudflare) in front of your site? If so, please try disabling it.

1 Like