Endorsement Prompts

I’ve added the category experts plugin to our Discourse instance, but it’s an uphill battle to get 400 people aware of the new feature and to take that extra step of clicking on someone else’s user profile and then clicking the “Endorse” button.

Is there a way the plugin could nudge people to endorse their peers? For instance, if John marks Kathy’s comment as a solution, then there’s a PM or push notification that says “hey would you consider endorsing Kathy as an expert?”

I looked at the Discourse Automation plugin to see if I could do this myself, but I don’t see a trigger that would be applicable here, except for maybe a “recurring” trigger that nudges people every month or so with a message that says “hey you! endorse some people”

4 Likes

I was just looking to see if there was a way to integrate the Solved plugin and the Category Experts plugin and came upon this thread!

I would love for people with X number of solutions in a category to automatically become Category Experts :thinking:

I have an idea for that. First, you need a badge awarded to users with at least 1 “accepted answer” - I think there is a default one for that. Then you can use the Automation plugin. and its built-in automation task, called “User Group Membership through Badge”. You can set up the automation to pull people in based on their badges, and then push those people into your designated Category Experts group, and you should be set. I haven’t tried it myself though.