"Error authorising your account" log in issue on iOS

Hello guys, so for about a week now I’ve been having this issue when I try to log in to any of the discourse forums I am apart of. The issue is that when I sign into my account, it first says “Authentication is complete, close tab to continue” and then once I refresh it, it then says "Error authorising your account.

Video below can explain it all.

Edit still have the same issue when I logged into here.

3 Likes

Odd, the video is showing a logged on account at the end of the process …

This is happening on an iPad against infinite flight? We can test that (we host infinite flight)

2 Likes

Correct, this happenes on the infinite flight community and on all of your discourse forums I am apart of. When I get these error messages I just refresh the error message and it moves on. Just curious on what might be causing this…

2 Likes

I am not sure, I will try to repro.

Just to confirm, login on iPad in Safari into any of our sites via Google auth (first time).

Recently I changed it so iDevices and Android stop popping open windows for Google auth, it was just totally not needed and caused all sorts of issues. This may be somehow related.

1 Like

I can repro, I think your removal may have broken us here, @sam. I know @neil was the last person to work on this and we had some hacks in place due to weird platform specific behaviors.

1 Like

I will get this fixed, we don’t need to even show that window anymore cause the entire auth chain happens in the same window. There are no popups anymore.

6 Likes

Great, thanks for your help guys. Really appreciate it. :grinning:

1 Like

Ok this is now fixed per:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/0303080586649c6715317fa1da1c2ef8a3de0fdf

and

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/22b8c0d44ee2f75042a6848460f49ab3758dbd22

Will get it deployed to all our sites in the next few days.

8 Likes

Great thanks a lot, really appreciate it. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.