Error response from daemon: Cannot start container app: container already connected to network bridge

(Rob Reed) #1

I’m sure this is something dumb and I should know better but I’d appreciate it if someone could throw me a bone.

I’m running Discourse in Docker through Digital Ocean and can’t start the app. The message I’m getting is:

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container app: container already connected to network bridge
Error: failed to start containers: [app]

I’ve been running this instance of Discourse for a while. Actually I don’t know what caused it to stop working. I noticed the forum was down and tried to restart and that brought me to this point.

I am running SSL via Lets Encrypt. That’s the only complication I can think of.

Other than Discourse, nothing else is running on this droplet.

Thanks!

(Jeff Atwood) #2

What OS and version? What version of docker? Did you try rebooting? Did you try installing OS updates?

(Rob Reed) #3

Thanks for picking this up. I realize I could have done a better job explaining the situation, but this gives me a place to start.

The OS: Ubuntuu
The version: 15.10
The version of Docker: 1.9.1

I did try rebooting (everything): The application, the web server, the container, the host OS (not all at the same time).

I hadn’t tried installing updates because it was working as-is and I didn’t want to complicate the situation. But I can do that.

I just did. It works. Case closed. Sorry and thanks for the help. Sometimes you just need a kick in the pants I guess. :slight_smile:

(Jeff Atwood) #4