Excessive padding on Topic List partially prevents click on category link

With the current padding on .topic-list .main-link a.title:

Specially on mobile, you need to touch on the very bottom to go directly to the category.

1 Like

That’s intentional, the tap area for categories was already borderline unusable so we increased the padding to always take you to the topic instead. We can probably increase it a little more to ensure that’s always the case.

3 Likes

If this is intentional, it means you’ll eventually get rid of the <a/> for the category?

I think this will remove a feature I use very often, it would be nice to be able to change this padding via CSS in my instance and still have the category link working – cause IMHO this is a regression.

There are some customizations that make it “more” usable (like the Category Icons component with the box setting for categories), but I was used to navigate through these category links here on meta too.

1 Like

No plans for it at the moment. We have a component we use to display categories the same way everywhere that includes the <a>, and it’s easier to cover it than do something differently to remove the link in this one place.

That’s a good point! something for us to keep in mind.

5 Likes