Expandable advanced search UI panel

First, a few notes:

• Disregard the values in the drop downs, they are fake
  • Assume that the fields related to tags, groups, categories, posted by will help you choose the type of object that belongs there

Okay, so I’m finally able to get this started, would love feedback on the wording in all of the locations you see above.

So with all that said, here is what each of those areas are related to, in the current “Search Help” detailing verbiage in screenshot to verbiage in help modal.

• Posted By (@username and user:foo)
  • In Category (#category-slug and category:foo)
  • In Group (group:foo)
  • With Badge (badge:foo)
  • With Tags (tags:one,two)
  • Additional Filters (in:likes, in:posted, in:watching, in:tracking, in:private, in:bookmarks, in:first, in:pinned, in:unpinned, and in:wiki)
    • I have been unable to get multiple in:... commands to work together, hence why they are shown as one drop down (I do still need to look at the code to verify it is coded to only accept one)
  • With Post Count (posts_count:num)
  • Post time (before:days or date and after:days or date; first drop down determining before or after)

Not in the screenshot:

• order:views, order:latest, order:likes, because this already exists on the Full Page Search, no need to duplicate this or move it (IMHO).

So with all that said, please help me figure out the best “default” wording to use for these and if there are any significant changes that should occur in the layout itself.

7 Likes