Continuing the discussion from “Open all external links in a new tab” option does not work for protocol agnostic links:
- Activate the “Open all external links in a new tab” option in your user preferences
- Go to this post
- Confirm that clicking the first (external) link (called MusicBrainz’s community) does open a new tab
- Close this new tab (back to the post)
- Click the pencil icon (post modifications history)
- Click that same external link in the history pop up panel
Instead of opening in a new tab, this external link opens in the current tab.
Disclaimer: this topic is not a duplicate of that post. That former post was indeed describing the same problem but the topic then diverged to fixing the starred () problem, which own topics got erased two times by mistake.
So, thanks for reading it, I tried to best describe a step by step explanation, as my English is often ambiguous otherwise, and as it was helpfully suggested by @zogstrip.