Facebook API Warning

Good Evening,
I have received the same alert from Facebook Development a number of times now. They say:

Your App, Discourse Log-in, currently has access to Graph API v2.10 which will reach the end of its 2-year lifetime on 05 November, 2019. To ensure a smooth transition, please migrate all calls to Graph API v2.11 or higher. Use the API Upgrade Tool to understand exactly how this change will impact your app.

Note: If you do not see any impacted calls in the API Upgrade Tool, your app/code may not be affected by this upgrade.

I use Facebook as one of my log-ins to Discourse and it required this app. When I click their link to their API Upgrade Tool to see whether their upgrades will affect my app, it says:

Your app has no changes for the methods you selected between v2.10 and v4.0

Can I leave this app untouched? Should I upgrade this app or my Discourse? Thank you.

P.S. I do not know whether I have posted this in the right category.

Be Well,
Timothy

5 Likes

This seems to be a recurring question every time FB update their API.

So far, it seems, no action was required on the part of discourse admins. But I have no idea whether this is also the case this time.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will leave it alone as of now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.