Failed to Bootstrap after running launcher rebuild app

Any idea how to solve this?

FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 1262 exit 1>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/pups-1.1.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:117:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"db_migrate", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 1
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.
./discourse-doctor may help diagnose the problem.

Hey @b4oshany,

You’re going to need to give us more of the error above the FAILED statement to be able to provide a definitive answer. As the error message says please scroll up and look for an earlier error message.

The usual culprit would be a plugin, are you using any third-party plugins which don’t come from the Discourse repo? Start by commenting those out, and go from there.

1 Like

Can you send a list of plugins?

Hi @darkpixlz and @Stephen,
I figured it out. I had created a fork of one of the plugins earlier in the year to fix an issue, but now it has become a problem. I ran discourse doctor, which displayed that the plugin was the issue.

Luckily, my changes were merged into the plugin’s main repo, so I switched to the official repo and the issue disappeared.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.