Failed to bootstrap - pups

• I am running into a upgrade issue after a recent update.

• The app suddenly stopped for me with the “oops” message.

• And then as I am trying to trying to the update (./launcher rebuild app), I am running into this.

• I have disabled all plugins too.

Any suggestions on how to bring my app back up?

FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 749 exit 1>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2.0/gems/pups-1.1.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:117:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"db_migrate", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 1
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.
./discourse-doctor may help diagnose the problem.
481a982e1362643c5caed63c5d9fdc1312e051782b7cb43d151c39421ff8adcd

You need to

5 Likes

I commented out all the plugins except the docker manager and my site was up. I need to now enable one plugin at a time and see where the problem was.

There were likely more detailed errors in the output above what you posted that may have helped you narrow it down. If you have any third-party plugins they would be a good place to start. If you can list them here we may be able to recognise any known issues?

3 Likes

(It’s very common to have to ask people to scroll up and post more of their logs: could that please scroll up message perhaps have more words? Posting the last 200 lines of output would (I guess) cover most cases.)

1 Like

I was also experiencing errors during the update. It’s about plugins. For example, it was the chatbot plugin that caused the error for me. You can fix it by finding which plugin is causing the problem.