FAQ does not show in search results

The FAQ should show when clicking on the magnifying glass.

1 Like

What do you mean here?

Click Magnifying glass and type FAQ. :smile:

1 Like

This reminds me though, I want to move this non-editable content to a different permanent URL like /community-guidelines and have /FAQ be a re mappable alias – to a real Discourse topic. I mean, it already is, but we need the alternate permanent URL for what we now call FAQ.

1 Like

I just had to reformat the whole FAQ (from the source code) to markdown.

I’d recommend:

1. Having the FAQ be in markdown.
  2. Allowing one to prepend site specific content, and then have the standard discourse good behavior.
1 Like

By having it a real topic it would make it much easier for forum admins to go in and customise (you could even make it a wiki and the community could edit it)

1 Like

This is fairly universal to communicating with other human beings, it’s not really good wiki material.

I do like that approach for admin quick start guide and “other” faq (and I want to move this to a new URL).

I guess, regardless it should be easily editable by admins. Lot’s of stuff tends to be community specific. Also, being a topic you get search for free.

3 Likes

This is now complete, so /guidelines is always stable even if /faq is remapped to a topic.

When we speak of “community guidelines” we always reference it internally as /guidelines for this reason. The FAQ can be whatever you want it to be now, just point it to a wiki topic, as noted in the Admin Quick Start Guide.

1 Like