Feature: endorse button to add single-click endorsements

I’ve been using it since January, the only thing I had to fix so far was their lack of support for implicit TLS to get past the setup stage with my departmental mail server. But to be honest I will want to stay away from adding functionality if I can.

I’ve added the Solved plugin and am now looking for a time to activate it (unfortunately, there is this 5min downtime every time you rebuild the container to activate a new plugin…). I’m also a bit concerned about the support level of the plugins. It seems that they’re all under the github.com/discourse umbrella so hopefully they are part of some kind of holistic CI.

I think Piazza had an ok vibe and over the years they added features people wanted; it’s just that overall they offer too little value so now no one (or too few schools) will sign up and contract with them and pay them what they need for the (relatively small) value they provide, especially since many universities run bloated LMS (like Canvas, which I personally don’t use at all), and the Piazza fees would be on top. I have not heard much about how useful students found the matchmaking with companies Piazza built their previous business model on.

On the topic, have you found a solution for the “look for a partner” feature in Piazza?

2 Likes