Feature Request - Pre-moderation of messages

How do I set up pre-moderation of messages?

Just in way of explanation, the forum that I would like to be using discourse for will be discussing issues which have privacy implications and therefore we are wanting to pre-moderate messages.

3 Likes

I… don’t think this is supported yet.

Some choices you have would be to:

1. simply require approval of all new accounts:
  • create/sponsor a plugin
  • lobby for this to be a core feature

However, I think this is a feature more suited for commenting systems, not discussion systems. Although there could be a case for doing this only to TL0… Well, if you want to do #3, that’s what you should argue! :smile:

This may not be applicale to you, but as far as I know the Forum I’m with has decided to make a “special” Category that has the required Trust Level be higher before a member can post in it.

Will stilll need moderators to check them, but it is hoped that requiring a higher TL will minimize any problems with it.

Not supported yet. Requires quite a bit of user interface and flow so unlikely to happen very quickly.

It is something we want to get to eventually.

2 Likes

I’ve moved this into the feature area, rather than support area given as of yet it isn’t a feature implemented in Discourse.

It would be great if anyone who also needs this feature could flag their need for it here!

The current vB SitePoint forum has a couple of forums (eq to Cats) that all new threads (eq to Topics) are placed into moderation queue and remain invisible to members until a moderator evaluates them.

We are trying “work-arounds” and in fact deciding if this is something we still want to do, but I think we might use it if it were available.

@HAWK @ralphm ??

1 Like

Yup, we’ll almost definitely have a need for it.

1 Like

I’d also like to see this feature, but I think the ability to moderate/approve posts of specific users should get higher priority.

Just lock that user to trust level 0 and approve all TL 0 posts? This already works.

1 Like