FKB Pro - Social theme

This is already known issue, I’m sure, but I’ll push it up anyway: the new sidebar shows only empty space.

I realize FKB Pro shows quite many things that can be found from the sidebar, and location will raise some conflicts, but then the hamburger icon should be hidden.

Hi. Thanks for great job.

We installed FKB Pro theme by default in our self-hosted Discourse about a month ago, configured it, and everything was OK. Yesterday we installed Discourse telegram-auth plugin. Discourse container was rebuilt from the fresh Discourse official sources and updated to 2.9.0.beta10 version. After it we have a big empty space in the right part of the wide screen. Here’s the screenshot: https://www.lubezniy.ru/screens/34a13ea1a87622d4158d85d15d8e9d65372832.png
Can you say, what and where can we do (check, change, report or something other) to fix it? Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello Victor,

Thank you for the report :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is the fix: Connectors not rendering - #6 by david

It will working after you update your site to the latest version Discourse.

2 Likes

Greatest thanks, Don. After upgrading, problem was solved.

1 Like

@Don Hi first thanks for the theme. I use your theme and there are some problems I have.

1. The label pages look corrupt. There is a shift in the page layout.

2. For those who use tablets, the left Sidebar is not lost.

I would be glad if you help with these problems

Hello, Can you share some screenshot about the issues? Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Little update:

We had a conversation privately and successfully fixed the issues.

The first issue has been fixed via FIX: Modify tag page template to fit to the theme by VaperinaDEV · Pull Request #12 · VaperinaDEV/fkb-pro-theme · GitHub

The second issue was related with google adsense. The ads has fixed size width which cause the issue.

Adding width: 100% to ads in a new component Desktop / CSS seems to fix it.

1 Like

@Don Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi @Don,
Any plans to support RTL out of the box?
i installed this once, and did some CSS work, it does not look pretty when you switch to RTL languages.

Still seems to be a bit broken with the sidebar enabled.
Enabled:

Disabled:

I’m seeing some padding issues as well.

Also some issues are present with the new profile buttons.

2 Likes

@Don Hi, I am having the same problem. If you could help with this situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hello,

Oh, yeah sorry. I’ve merged an update, to don’t hide sidebar if enabled. Note: This theme is not sidebar ready yet. I have to fix, rethink and refactor lots of thing.

3 Likes

@Don Thanks for the update

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve create a bigger update on this theme. I will merge this soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

Changes

• change layout from flexbox to grid
  • sidebar compatibility
  • new revamped user menu (redesign)
  • clean up the code
  • redesign chat
  • floating navigation controls (notification, create topic button) on mobile
  • desktop version navigation bar on mobile
  • redesign oneboxes and quotes
  • removed avatar and stats (fkb panel) from topic list on mobile
  • removed full width (paddingless) mobile version

Desktop view

Mobile view

Revamped user menu (paddingless redesign)

Desktop

Mobile

Docs

Chat

4 Likes

Hello,

I’ve added more updates, fixes etc:

• improve responsive layout
  • added Discourse Reactions support
  • added sticky new topic banner (floating from top)

I testing it a little bit more and after I can merge these changes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Responsive

Sticky new topic banner

Desktop

Mobile

8 Likes

@Don Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Hello,

I’ve merged this Fixes, improvements, sidebar compatibility etc... by VaperinaDEV · Pull Request #13 · VaperinaDEV/fkb-pro-theme · GitHub update and also updated the OP. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Is the reactions fix still valid and needed?

Nope, that is not needed anymore. You can remove. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey, awsome theme! :star_struck:

ive got some minor padding issues when using web browser i would like to solve, but dont really know how.

Not on mobile tho! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I glad you like it :slightly_smiling_face: I see this is happens on the experimental new user profile nav. I think this will change a lot in the future, so I will not change the theme for now.

But you can add this to a component.

Desktop / CSS

.new-user-wrapper {
  .new-user-content-wrapper {
    .user-content {
      padding: 1em;
    }
  }
}
3 Likes