Flags in discobot topics

I recently had a flag land in my moderator’s inbox on a topic a user had with discobot. It looks like the user eventually correctly flagged the post that discobot asked them to flag, but in the process flagged one of their own posts, and one of discobot’s posts that it hadn’t asked them to flag. Since the topic with discobot is meant as a sort of “playground” area, does it make sense to make all flags in that topic skip the moderator’s inbox?

Thanks,
Jacob

7 Likes

Possibly, what do you think @tgxworld? Seems safe to me, discobot is not going to do anything untoward. However if you can invite rando people into a discobot PM, then it becomes dangerous as you have invited them into a flag free zone.

3 Likes

It sounds like the suppression logic should only be enabled while the conversation has only the two default participants – as long as this is true, it seems totally safe :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree with @fefrei here. With emphasis on

the suppression logic should only be enabled while the conversation has only the two default participants – as long as this is true, it seems totally safe

5 Likes

Not sure what the course of action is here, what should we do if a non discobot owned post is flagged:

1. We raise an error saying you are not allowed to flag here
  2. We omit the flag option unconditionally from non-discobot posts in discobot topics
  3. We keep stuff as it is now (so you can flag your own posts or posts by other people in your dicobot topic)

Given the low frequency of this problem I am not sure what we should do here.

My preference I guess it either (2) or (3). But I worry that if we start mucking with this we introduce even more complexity and special cases. I don’t like the idea of (1)

3 Likes

Whatever is simplest in logic is what I favor, this is a bit of an edge condition.

1 Like

To be sure, this isn’t a serious problem for me, so it’s possible the right solution is “do nothing.” But I wanted to mention it since it seems like discobot is a relatively new feature, so figured this might be something other people could run into in the future.

We are having the same issue.

Did anything get implemented that would avoid these from showing in the moderator’s inbox?

3 Likes