Force direct to a certain topic on users first login?

Hi all :wave:t3:

I’ve done some snooping, but haven’t been able to find my answer (although have found some other tips I’ve bookmarked that I wasn’t originally looking for!).

Is there a possibility when a user signs up/logs in for the first time or first time within X period, that they can be forcefully redirected to a certain thread?

We have our ‘house rules’ posted in a thread that I’d like to force users to read on their first time signing in, or if they haven’t signed in for (ex.) 6 months they are redirected to this thread incase there are updates.

Thanks in advance for your help & apologies if someone has posted this type of thing before - I promise I did try looking!

Cheers

Ry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ry, if you’re sending a new user an invite you can choose a topic for them to arrive on once they successfully login for the first time. This can be found by going to the ‘Admin → Users → Send Invites’ page and then using the “Arrive at Topic” dropdown menu to select what topic you’d like the user to arrive on.

You could also rerun the setup wizard for your site and choose the welcome topic for your site, which should be the first topic new users arrive on after they sign up.

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thank you so much @SaraDev!

This will definitely help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.