Forum dead after docker_manager upgrade

For those not reading to the bottom, rebooting the VM fixed the problem when nothing else would!

Edit: Sigh, didn’t realize this before-- the frontpage of the forum works fine, but going into any topic just sits there with a loading animation. Something is very sick on our discourse. Any ideas?

Unfortunately ./launcher rebuild app is about the limit of my Discourse expertise, as that seems to cure most ills, but I guess not today.

We’re running 2.4.0.beta7 (16cdf94001).

Discourse-doctor all looks clean other than:

Discourse version at forum.quartertothree.com: NOT FOUND
Discourse version at localhost: NOT FOUND

Lots of errors in logs, cannot connect to redis on 6379. The process is running but lsof doesn’t show 6379 listening. How to fix?

Failed to report error: Error connecting to Redis on localhost:6379 (Errno::EADDRNOTAVAIL) 3 Job exception: Error connecting to Redis on localhost:6379 (Errno::EADDRNOTAVAIL)

------cut orig support post below-----
I saw a new beta was up, so I went to the upgrade page as usual, saw the docker_manager needed to be upgraded, and did so. Seemed to succeed. After that the upgrade page was blank, after a quick google saw a suggestion here and did a ./launcher rebuild app.

The upgrade page now isn’t blank, but I’m getting bizarre 521 errors with Cloudflare active, even though the site is listening and working on port 443, so I have Cloudflare set to DNS only. I’m aware you guys don’t support or recommend Cloudflare and am not asking for help with it.

Anyway, after all that fun now when I go to the upgrade page docker_manager still needs to be upgraded. But when I click the “Start Upgrading” button nothing happens, it flashes the red “reset upgrade” button for a split second then exits. This breaks all upgrades because I can’t upgrade anything else until docker_manager is upgraded.

Just tried yet another launcher rebuild app and same problem, docker_manager cannot be upgraded. Any ideas?

5 Likes

The site appears to be up, I can browse categories and topics.

3 Likes

Yep-- for some reason rebooting the VM fixed the issue when nothing else would.

Phew!

And now it shows as the latest beta version as well, when before it was on .7. We’re completely up to date. Super bizarre.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.