Generate funding through CodeFund - now integrated into the discourse-adplugin

I cannot see page.

1 Like

Absolutely. I apologize. I will remove the ā€œblockchainā€ keyword from the property settings. We also are at the very end of the month so many advertisers budgets have been spent. Tomorrow we will have a new batch of fresh ads.

Thanks for letting me know!

Eric

4 Likes

Iā€™m checking on this now. Thanks for letting me know @Bank_Live

@neil I can set up a fallback ad specific to this site if you would like. This ad would show when we have no more paid ads to display to the visitor. Is there a message you would like to display?

1 Like

How about something like this:

Want these ads? Use the official Ad Plugin.

And link it to https://github.com/discourse/discourse-adplugin.

5 Likes

An ad for the ad pluginā€¦ :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Iā€™ll set it up. Great idea!!!

Itā€™s done! The new fallback will display. I also set it up under your account @neil so you will be able to track impressions/clicks.

Thanks all!

Eric

3 Likes

@coderberry Question do you allow adult sites to use your ad platform I lnowany donā€™t and what stats do you need to have to be approved

@PaigeLynn Iā€™m sorry but we do not

1 Like

Itā€™s ok thanks for the fast response

1 Like

@neil / @coderberry something about how the ads are setup mean that we are not reserving height for these ads which results in a jiggly UI.

Is there anything we can do to improve this?

2 Likes

Itā€™s not specific to CodeFund ads. Iā€™m seeing it with House Ads too. I thought we fixed thisā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

We do not set a height on our ads due to them being responsive. This can be resolved I believe by adding the following css to Discourse:

.codefund-wrapper { min-height: 43px; }

We can probably safely add this to our template as well.

1 Like

As you can see here and here, CodeFund has now shut down so weā€™re removing support for it :frowning:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-adplugin/pull/85

@coderberry Thanks for all your work and good luck!

6 Likes