Google Ad Manager vs. Google AdSense

I got an email from Google saying

We’ve analyzed your account and noticed that you are using Google Ad Manager primarily for its AdSense backfill functionality. For more efficiency, we encourage you to consider migrating away from Google Ad Manager and to start using our standalone AdSense product.

Does Discourse support this?

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9090822

Yes, the Ads official plugins works with AdSense

4 Likes

I am having some trouble understanding the difference between placing an ad unit using the DFP Manager versus the Adsense. I have Adsense working for me and it’s great.

This is intuitive. You pick the position and the size of the ad. Then you supply the ad unit code.

Yet, we have another option in the settings for DFP / Ad manager and it also allows you to place the ads:

If I put the same ad unit code here, it just puts two of the same ad units. I don’t really understand the difference of using one or the other. Note that I already have a publisher code from Adsense as well as a separate network code from Google Ad Manager. I’m trying to understand how we use both? What’s even the point of Ad Manager if you already use Adsense? Is it simply for analytics?

Can someone explain?

Note: Also I think this topic should be moved to #plugin:advertising

1 Like