Google Chrome PC displays mobile view

Hello, please my pc browser - Google Chrome forces Discourse into displaying the mobile view? Like http://chat.zegist.com?mobile=1

Are you always accessing the site with the ?mobile=1 appended, or was that just for purposes of demonstration?

Could you please be more clear about exactly what device you’re using (including screen size)? Reading the title it seemed like you were using a Chromebook, but after reading your post I’m no longer sure.

1 Like

:smile:

Poor Discourse! Chrome is really a sneaky browser.

Maybe he wanted to say Discourse should not display mobile format if the browser isn’t mobile.

1 Like

I have Chrome latest and the browser does not force Discourse into mobile view even when the viewport is at its narrowest.

I think there is something else going on here

I thought maybe the URLs might have ?mobile_view=1 appended to them if they were got (eg. share links) while in mobile view, but that doesn’t seem to be the case

Anyway, though you can’t use the Avatar menu to go to mobile view from desktop, you can go to desktop view from mobile there

So sorry guys, i realised its a quick fix. I opened the mobile url on my pc once and then the cache actually saved the mobile url. I just went to the dropdown and then made the switch.

3 Likes

Touch devices get desktop -> mobile view button, and non-mobile devices get mobile -> desktop view button.

1 Like