Topic View Counts Not Visible On Mobile Device

Hi All. Happy Discourse user here. I’m having some problems seeing Topic View Counts on my mobile device when explicitly selecting the “Desktop site” setting in Brave on Android (excellent browser by the way).

I’ve included some screenshots below. It appears rather than going into a desktop mode I’m presented with a tablet version of Discourse, which isn’t expected. Even the tablet version doesn’t show Topic View Counts.

Device: Huawei P20 Pro
Screen specs

1 Like

I dont think this is an error but I’d love to know if there was a way we could have views be displayed on mobile via CSS

1 Like

The Huawei P20 pro is a mobile phone and it gets the mobile view by default. If you want to use the desktop view click the hamburger menu and select it from there.

The omission of topic views on mobile is by design. Adding that information would add clutter to a view with very little space.

1 Like

That’s perfect, Sam. Desktop view here triggered the expected view whereas the dedicated Desktop view toggle in Brave did not, making view counts easily accessible on the high DPI mobile screen.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.