"Guard-rails" for categories which should have only scheduled posts?

Situation

1. an “Announcements” category which people should not post in accidentally
  2. a “Draft Announcements” category which anyone signed in can post to
  3. some set of people who can choose to Schedule Publishing for those posts[1]

Problem

I assume that in order to schedule publishing to a category, one must have permission to post in that category.[2] But, I don’t want people to post directly. I want the Scheduled Publishing workflow to be required.

I don’t need it to be absolutely blocked, because I assume everyone at that level has good intent. How can I keep it from happening accidentally?

1. see related feature request, but could just be mods/tl4 ↩︎

2. correct? ↩︎

2 Likes

First two are trivial and needs only suitable rights which group can post and read. Like posting on Announcement is allowed only to staff, but everyone can read. And Draft — allowed only for TL0 for example.

Scheduling is allowed only to admins staff/TL4 via topic timer and that can’t be changed. But here is already at least one request for that option, if I’m remembering right.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry! I see I wasn’t clear. Those three points are the setup. I can do all of those things, although as you note I would love for the third to be more flexible. The second part is the problem, but let me reword it to be more clear.

3 Likes