Have Option to not auto-track topics I reply in (but not start)

Seems my opening post’s text was cut when I made the topic. Please refer to the topic’s title then.

I don’t know, this feels like a pretty anti-community setting.

1 Like

Don’t know why. I set it back to regular so if my replies get responses, I will be notified. Not everything in a single topic is relevant to me and that isn’t being anti-community. There’s already features in the user preferences to ignore full categories.

I just see this as kind of weird,

“I would like to contribute something to this conversation but don’t really care about what happens next”

1 Like

It has been requested before but only once. A very rare request.

Workaround is to reply then set notification to regular, which is easy, because you will be at the bottom of the topic after replying.

1 Like

Fair enough, thank you for the workaround.

1 Like

You can also use a keyboard shortcut of m, r to set it back to regular.

2 Likes

I need to make a cheat sheet and stick it near my monitor. I think some of my browsing irks would be solved with some shortcuts.

Thank you for pointing that out. :content:

Why? You can just press the ? key to see the shortcuts any time.

1 Like

The search bar always pops open when I use that key.

…Except when I use shift too.

I am hopeless. Thank you for the tip.

1 Like

That’s true, but I do find it useful (when getting started) to just have something sitting in front of you, always reminding you what keys you can press to quickly get where you wanted to go/do.

At least it seems to work well for some people. The key is to eventually remove the physical notes so you can force yourself to remember the shortcuts :smile:

2 Likes