Having a sub + sub category

Hello, there is a sub-category. It would be good to have six features in the sub-category. It would be good to have the option to add sub-category sub-category in multiple categories.

That feature is already there

5 Likes

Thank you for the information

1 Like

For hosted plans, this is only available for Enterprise plans.

It may be worth thinking instead about whether you can use tags for this purpose. You can use tag groups and require certain tags for a category — and restrict them as well.

In my experience, it’s best to use categories when there is a functional difference: different permissions, different defaults, different auto-close policies, etc., and tags for topical distinctions.

5 Likes

Thank you for the information, there are multiple categories on the site I use, I think it cannot be as a tag.

Hello, I don’t understand this part (enter app rails c SiteSetting.max_category_nesting = 3 exit exit) exactly what I need to do, add it and look, nothing happens

I will warn though nesting Subcategories can pose problems with posting a new topic in my xp.

A good option can be to use tags as an Alternative to separate topics.

2 Likes

When you run that command on the Server Root it unlocks changes.

After running and exiting. Refresh page on your forum. Create a category with the Parent Category being the name of your subcategory.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information

1 Like