Hiding post history from Trust level 4

Hi!

For some reason when this setting is disabled it still shows editing history for Trust level 4.

How can I prevent Trust level 4 from seeing anyone else’s revision history? If it easier to just disable it so own edit history can’t be viewed either, that’s fine too.*

Edit: Trust level 3 and below can’t view history. The setting explicitly mentions only staff members can view history, Trust level 4 are not members of staff.

AFAIK Trust level 4 are not members of the staff group, at least they are not listed as such in my forum. So they shouldn’t be able to view any editing history?

2 Likes

Hi

What if you just press ‘Hide revision’ button on a edited post?

2 Likes

That works and hides it for Trust level 4. It shouldn’t show to Trust level 4 users in the first place.

2 Likes

So do that.

I find it useful as they are still effectively moderating the site so its a good tool they can see edits in my opinion.

1 Like

The problem is it shouldn’t show revision / edit history to Trust level 4 as the option is disabled. It isn’t feasible for me to start hiding revision history manually, I need to have it set up this way.

2 Likes

This does feel like a minor bug @zogstrip … it says “only staff members” so maybe we are missing some logic in this check? :thinking:

9 Likes

Thanks for looking into it! Looking forward to a fix. :smiley:

3 Likes

@nbianca can you add that to your list?

4 Likes

Looking like I was taking advantage of a bug :joy:

2 Likes

Perhaps a trust level setting “minimum trust level required to see editing history” should be added as a extra to allow for what @ondrej has been using exactly.

1 Like

Same, if this is changing there are a few TL4 users that I will (unfortunately) need to promote to moderators.

2 Likes

No, I don’t support a site setting here. It should match the behavior as described.

Now, when edit history visible to public site setting is disabled, only staff can see the previous versions of an edited post.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/10065

8 Likes

Thanks a lot for fixing this Bianca! :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.