Hiding unsolved/solved posts

pr-welcome

(RBoy) #1

We’re using the solved plugin to track issues/bugs and requests. As the list grows it’s getting difficult to see what has been solved and what’s pending.

Is there a way to filter or hide solved/unsolved posts so users can get a view of what’s pending and what’s resolved?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I think you can use advanced search for this; have you tried?

(RBoy) #3

No haven’t, a pointer would be great.

However while that’s okay for the admins, from an end user perspective it would be great to have a check box or option to show only solved or unsolved posts.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Simply enter text in the search box and press enter. Then expand the search options.

Or select the options link near the search box.

(RBoy) #5

I don’t see any option to show only solved/unsolved posts:

(Jeff Atwood) #6

I am pretty sure there is a search clause for this.

https://meta.discourse.org/search?q=Solved%20search

Try checking some of the topics that come up on search for it :wink:

(RBoy) #7

I did and only thing I came up with was this post:

No resolution on this thread. Beginning to think this feature was overlooked.

(RBoy) #8

I take back that last sentence, looks like “in:solved” and “in:unsolved” are the terms to use to search for solved and unsolved items. So this is something admins / staff can use.

From an end user point it would be great to have a box/button that would hide solved posts leaving only unsolved or vice versa. I don’t see end users trying to search the discourse forum to figure out how to show only solved or unsolved posts :slight_smile:

EDIT: A drop down list option in the advanced search would be nice, but a button / box on the categories page would be brilliant and intuitive.

(Sam Saffron) #9

#pr-welcome for an improvement to advanced search that allows you to select in:solved and in:unsolved!

(RBoy) #14

Sam are you suggesting a PR for including a drop down option in the list box for solved and unsolved or for adding a button/check box on the categories page to filter the posts for end users?

(Sam Saffron) #15

My #pr-welcome is for this screen:

Plugin to plug-in an option there.

(RBoy) #16

In addition to your suggestion, I was referring to the plugin create setting that when enabled will create a drop down box next to Topic with 3 options:

1. All
  2. Solved
  3. Unsolved

(Sam Saffron) #17

That would be inconsistent, possibly allowing an option in the top like the voting plugin does would be OK.

(RBoy) #18

Yep that would be awesome too, I completely agree. Something like the Voting button which provides 3 options to filter the posts.

EDIT: But this would be on the category page, so it would be a Drop down list on TOP of the Title or to the LEFT to the Title?

(David Taylor) #19

This is possible right now by adding a theme component with this script:

Would still be good to get it in the plugin as an option though.

(RBoy) #20

Yes I saw that but couldn’t really figure out how to add the code. I definitely vote for the option in the plugin.

(RBoy) #21

@david is this a complex task to add this option to the plugin?

(Michael Hunger) #22

I would also very much love to have the admin-option to filter out solved Topics from New/Unread and Latest to not bother all users to wade through topics that have been addressed already.