I just wanted to bounce some ideas around for HA…
I have prod server running discourse under nginx, which I need to install some plugins on. For various reasons, I can’t afford any downtime. There is also a test server running the same setup.
My plan is:
- Enable readonly mode in prod.
- Backup and restore to test, (restore from tombstone for the images)
- Update nginx on the prod box to repoint to test.
- Install plugins and rebuild
- Update nginx to point back to prod
- Disable readonly mode in prod
- Shutdown test app
How does that sound? What am I missing?
Happy to turn this into a How To… if there’s value in that