Highlight OP in a discussion

One thing that Reddit does nicely (and I think FB too) is that they highlight the topic owner in discussions.

You can achieve the same thing with a little CSS added in your theme:

.topic-post.topic-owner .topic-meta-data .username:after {
  content: "OP";
  font-weight: 600;
  color: #fff;
  background: #14aeea;
  padding: 3px;
  font-size: 10px;
  border-radius: 3px;
  display: inline-block;
  margin-left: 5px;
}

Every replies added into a topic by its author will have this mini-badge :sunglasses:

The result:

5 Likes

Nice :slight_smile:

I think we have an open feature request for this too -

I think there’s an extra snippet in there as well in case you want to exclude the first post.

7 Likes

Oh yeah :sweat_smile: Thanks Jammy for linking this old topic. I have an updated code for this. I will post it and I think I will move that topic to dev as well. :+1: Or maybe making a theme component from this would be a better idea. :thinking:

5 Likes

There is no need for a component. I already copy&pasted :rofl:

All I need is solving out better expression than OP because finns don’t understand it and up here in north it is name of one bank too. Facebook has quite nice way actually. And yes, I know - off topic again :man_facepalming:

I think having a theme component is useful as it can pick up any updates to the code if there ever are any. It’s also easy to find and install for anyone not familiar with creating their own. :+1:

3 Likes

I agree. It was just bad joke, because I’m bored (because of my client is late big time).

A component could give easier option choose location too, I reckon. Because I would like to see it under name, on second line.

1 Like

Cross-linking the new theme component :partying_face:

2 Likes