[Hiring] Build an iOS App

What would you like done?

Hiring an experienced Discourse developer to build an iOS app from our website only using this guide: Whitelisted Discourse app with Push Notifications via OneSignal (we will provide the Developer Account)

When do you need it done?

A week.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

:money_with_wings: $500 - payment is given if the App Store approves the app and is able to be published. If rejected, will communicate personally on what we can do. :slight_smile:

I’m willing to give this project a shot. PM me and we can discuss this matter

1 Like

I haven’t paid close attention to apple’s policies, but don’t their guidelines say that they won’t publish apps that are just web sites?

They’re pretty inconsistent with this rule, since there are some web apps on the App Store. I know for sure two Discourse websites (SWAPD and TekInvestor) - Penar published those apps. I believe there needs to be a sort of feature implemented that adds more value to be considered an app…that I don’t know how Penar implemented :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Penar did this by adding a login screen which made the experience slightly different and ‘easier’ than using the website. I got caught by this because I use Memberful as an SSO so we couldn’t use the login screen and they rejected it.

It just occurred to me that I could add some silly little feature related to my site (photography in my case) that would get around this.

7 Likes

The use of push notifications is also a differentiator while apple drags its arse over supporting browser-based notifications.

4 Likes

In my case it wasn’t enough of a differentiator even though I was using onesignal for push notifications, that was my argument and they still rejected it.

3 Likes

@sau226 completed this incredible expedition with thorough, professional, and superb work. :beers:

I may make a topic on the developmental phase of our company now that we are available on all platforms.

10 Likes

You available to do another?

I’m probably not going to be able to make another app in the near future. That said, if you want to PM me the details, I can come back to you when I take this off the backburner.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.