House Ads in the official Ad Plugin

Thanks mate! Yours look cool too! I’ll be using Bitly short links to see what kind of ads attract more people.

1 Like

may be based on page impression? how you are planning to implement this logic?

1 Like

Hi @neil would it be possible to alocate ads per catégorie ?

On our forum we have accommodation, employment, health, education etc…

So for a real estate agent, they don’t really care having their ad in health or other, they only want to focus on accommodation catégorie. Thanks for letting us know.

Best,

7 Likes

@Jeremie_Leroy, I liked this idea. targeting ads based on category will be more effective.

5 Likes

I added a setting to control how often house ads are shown instead of other ad networks that are configured to show in the same placement. It’s called “house ads frequency” and takes a percentage (0 to 100). Use 0 to disable house ads (without having to remove configuration from Admin > Plugins > House Ads), and 100 to always choose house ads (the default).

Sounds possible and useful. I think it makes sense to configure this on each ad. A “restrict to categories” input?

14 Likes

This is awesome. Is there a way to fire some javascript when the infinite scroll loads the next chunk of posts?

The advantage is:

• House ads looks like it’ll work well for any ad server/network
  • Single page apps and infinite scrolls don’t usually work with ad servers, and normally require a JS tag to fire when new ad locations are added to the DOM tree.

It might be possible to do this already, I’m not sure.

4 Likes

Maybe what you’re looking for is the theme component code:

5 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ad blocker blocks ad plugin in admin. Disable ad blockers to fix

This is a dream plugin feature. Thank you so much.

I have two questions:

1. The “House Ads” option is not loading sometimes. When I click on it I just get the “loading symbol” alone.

1. The plugin doesn’t have mobile responsive by default for the ad images? I kept 3 ads with various sizes and they look disorganized for the mobile. Can you kindly guide me for this?

Thank you once again. This plugin is a gamechanger.

3 Likes

Do you have an ad blocker? See Ad blocker blocks ad plugin in admin. Disable ad blockers to fix

11 Likes

Yes, thank you, this issue got fixed now. :smiley:

Any help on the mobile responsive thing? Should I manually write my own code to make them responsive?

1 Like

I think that is the current solution, yes. You can add CSS to a theme component. You should be able to use your browser inspector to see how we have done the demo ads here on meta.

5 Likes

Okay, thank you so much.

1 Like

I am unable to see house-ads option on my website. The plugin is also not showing any update. Is there something special which I need to do to get these house ads option?

1 Like

We provide no CSS for house ads at all. You have total freedom on the html and styling, so responsive CSS is up to you.

6 Likes

How do you update your site?

2 Likes

I update the website when updates show in the dashboard. So basically from the dashboard only.
Should I need to update the website with putty to get this update?

1 Like

Hmm I’m not sure what’s wrong. Do you see sections in settings for CodeFund and Carbon Ads?

1 Like

Yes I can see the settings for CodeFund and Carbon Ads.
Although, I must admit that it’s the first time I saw those settings.

1 Like

You’re using an Ad Blocker?

1 Like