How best to preserve a topic/post/poll as a permanent record

I am seeking to use Discourse to conduct an online version of a traditional formal meeting. These meetings have a legal requirement for Minutes to be recorded as a formal record of the proceedings of the meeting. I would like for a Topic and subsequent posts to become the permanent record of the Dialog. I would like for a Topic with a Poll to take the place of the formal Motion, Vote , Resolution process. But I am concerned by the ongoing potential for a Topic/Post to be edited.

I understand that a Poll can be closed to prevent further votes - great.

I understand that a Topic can be closed to prevent further replies - I am not so concerned about dialog after-the-fact because subsequent posts are timestamped

I understand that a Topic may be Archived to prevent a topic being deleted - good in my use case

I understand that a Topic may be Locked to prevent further edits - good in my use case.

But I remain concerned that Moderators and Administrators remain unrestricted by Archiving or Locking a Post. I expect that such edits are logged?

How best I achieve a permanent record of a Dialog on Discourse without manually creating a traditional set of Minutes, or perhaps freezing a topic into pdf - both unappealing alternatives.

Any thoughts most welcome.

1 Like

Press Ctrl-P to open up the print view of a topic and save it as a PDF.

6 Likes

If you don’t trust your moderators and admins then you do have big problems. Yes, edits are logged if they happen through the user interface.

3 Likes

Yes indeed! But that was not my concern. My concern is the Government Regulators position on the authenticity of a document held out to be a permanent record of a dialog or decision.

Great - thank you for the clarification.

2 Likes

Yep - great tip - thank you

2 Likes

Oh. Then I think you have to send it by fax. :wink:

I think you can post on #marketplace to develop a fax - to - freeze plugin!

5 Likes

:smile: Are you old enough to remember thermal paper?

6 Likes