How do i turn of unpin/pin option for my forum users?

i have started a small, new forums. i would like to turn off unpin/pin option for users. i want only admins to have access to that. is there a way to make it happen? thank you in advance.

I think this has not changed

What is the problem you are trying to solve by preventing users from unpinning posts?

2 Likes

thank you for answering.
i want certain posts like important announcements, welcome messages, posts saying some feature will go EOL after 5 months, to stay on top. so users dont forget them. the pinned-posts area will be cleaned frequently depending on relevancy.

I’d recommend that you use a banner to display inportant information. You can make it non dismissable

With pinned topics, yes you can hide the pin/unpin option for users with css but its a faff plus if you press the pin icon in the topic title that pins/unpins too.

1 Like

Users cannot pin things for other users. They can just un-pin messages that they have already seen and don’t want cluttering up their lives.

After they have seen them once or twice they will ignore them, and once they’ve started ignoring those, they’ll likely also ignore the new important things that you want to pin.

2 Likes