Level1 able to pin/unpin topic

In my site User of level1 is also able to pin and unpin . I saw in this only t4 ,moderator and admin are allowed to pin/unpin here Trust Level Permissions Reference - Documentation / Using Discourse - Discourse Meta .

Can anyone tell what is problem ?

Are they able to pin/unpin the topic for everyone or for themselves?

When you pin a topic, you use the wrench menu
and select where the topic should be pinned

That menu should be only visible for TL4 users and staff.

But as the second line says, when a topic is pinned, every user can unpin it for themselves using the dropdown at the bottom of the topic or by clicking the pin icon next to the title. They can also configure to unpin topics automatically after reading them, which is enabled by default if you didn’t change the default for your community (default topics automatic unpin)

2 Likes

what if we disable default topics automatic unpin option . can it hide pinned button for leve1-3 users. I am understand this Users cannot pin new topics, but they can unpin a topic that was pinned by an admin. Discourse allows this because it lets users customize their experience by choosing not to see a pinned topic at the top of their view. This personal unpinning doesn’t affect how the topic appears for other users. am I right?

is it possible to disable unpin option

Just been asked :laughing:. Not sure if my reply on the other topic is any use to you?

1 Like