How do I validate my DNS settings for email?

Hi!

I have encountered a small problem.
Email delivery to any other email adress than my own still doesnt work, even tough I have done the DNS changes and waited ~2 days. I cant figure out what I have done wrong, and wonder if maybe some of the existing values in my DNS panel are wrong. The A record works.

Is there anything obvious wrong in my DNS panel?
(removed pic for security reasons)

(Felix Freiberger) #2

Problems with outgoing emails usually aren’t caused by DNS issues. Which mail provider do you use for outgoing mails? Can you post a screenshot of the SMTP configuration in your template (remember to remove sensitive data)? Does anything interesting show up in /logs when you try to send a test mail to another address?

I have checked with mailgun, my domain is still not verified.
Either my DNS records were not created/saved properly, or my DNS host (onlydomains) is not publishing the records.
I have created a ticket with my DNS host, to figure out whats wrong. Will report back :slightly_smiling:

(Jeff Atwood) #4

You will need to follow up with your mail provider, they usually have a dashboard that will query your DNS and tell you what to do and how to troubleshoot.

I had to enter @ instead of artsphe.re, and just pic._domainkey because i already was inside the zone file for the domain name.

Also:
The DKIM value I was sent when my 99 dollar discourse installation was complete (and i was told to use) did not match the one i was supposed to use on mailgun. How did this happen? Did it change?