How to Add Mailchimp Subscriber Popup?

Does anyone know how to add this to a theme? I imagine it is supposed to be in the customization for the theme, but adding the code there doesn’t seem to do the trick.

It appears this might be the solution:

By analyzing the output code of the page I noticed that the MailChimp Subscriber Pop-up embed code (file at //s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js ) tries to load the jquery.js file from the root directory of the website.

But there is no jquery.js in the root directory of discourse. They reccomend this fix:

In order to get it work we need to add the jquery.js file to the root directory of the website.

So, how do I do this in discourse?

Sorry for popping up this.

What’s the best way to solve this? to add jquery.js to a root path in Discourse?

1 Like

I don’t know how to do this on a hosted discourse so I’m stuck.

Aha! That’s the beauty of being on a hosted plan – we take care of the tricky bits so that you don’t get stuck.

I see that this topic was started a while back so it would be helpful to have an idea of your current status. Shoot us through an email telling us what you’re trying to achieve @swamidass and we’ll help you get it sorted.

10 Likes

Where you able to succeed at this?

We have a new Newsletter plugin if that’s any help?

1 Like