How to configure the share modal > notify button?

Heya folks, I can’t figure out why the notify button with the pointy finger is one some of my sites and not others, and my searches are too generic so far.

I mean the notify button that will notify existing users, from the share modal:

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 20-05-40 2006 Prius hybrid battery replacement - talkgroup

It is missing on some instances I use, the following from a Team site:

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 20-06-00 Testimonial_professional reference - Winter Consultants - Winter Consultants

I’d prefer to have it on, please let me know how to configure it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the notify feature has been retired:

Are the sites with it still there using Stable, or a slighter behind-latest version?

1 Like

Unfortunately, it was removed entirely due to a supposed lack of usage and concerns surrounding abuse. I don’t think the team over at Discourse has any plans to bring it back to the core version.

As for why you’re still seeing it on certain Discourse instances, I assume they haven’t updated to the latest version yet.

Maybe you could show your support for a #plugin version of the “Notify” feature. :wink:

1 Like

Aw, bummer. I was one of those power users that used it. Thanks for letting me know, folks. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.