How to disable email notifications for every new topic?

Greetings all!

I’m a new Discourse administrator, so I apologize in advance if this is an easy question. But, I’ve looked all over through the user Preferences pages and admin console but haven’t been able to find what I’m looking for.

Basically, I have a user who says that he’s getting an email notification for every new topic posted anywhere in the forums. What this user wants to do is temporarily stop ALL emails coming their way while they are away from their computer for a couple of weeks, then re-enable emails after they return.

I haven’t been able to find a place where emails can be temporarily disabled for a user - either through a setting that the user selects OR a place within the Admin pages that I can set. Ideally, I’d love for each user to be able to control this themselves.

Am I missing something obvious?

Check that user’s profile under notifications and categories. There you can see if they have turned on mailing list mode or are watching a category.

4 Likes

When I leave this blank, I do not get notifications emails.

5 Likes

Thanks much! I’ll try this out and see if it fixes things. Appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, they can click the Unsubscribe link in the footer and they’ll be given the option to unwatch the category. If they’re watching multiple categories, however, it’s faster to do it through the UI.

5 Likes