How to edit message shown after signup?

Where can I edit the message shown to users after signup? The one beginning “You’re almost done! We sent an activation mail to …“.

I couldn’t find it in the admin section. Do I need to edit a source file?

You can edit that message in the Admin/Customize/Text Content section. The template is called login.activate_email. You can find the template either by entering login.activate_email in the search box on the Text Content page, or by entering the text “You’re almost done! We sent an activation mail to” into the search box.

6 Likes

That is where I expected to find the text, but it’s not there. There are only four texts. Here’s a screenshot. These are all the texts under Admin/Customize/Text Content:

(This is a new installation from 3 days ago on DO)

There should be a search box above the 4 featured text options, search whatever @simon stated

3 Likes

Thanks, it showed up in the search. Why is that text content not listed and only appear when you search?

Discourse recommends those 4 featured text options because, it involves changing text regarding your site name, new user welcome texts, descriptions on why your community is private as well as first reply/topic descriptions for new users. I believe those 4 text options are there because they are the most important regarding your community, since most admins refer to those anyways, whereas others may stay on their default text.

2 Likes