How to enhance tag visibility and awareness?

My Discourse forum was migrated from a very large traditional forum with lots of forum categories and sub-categories and sub-sub-categories. Since Discourse discourages sub-sub-categories I set up a 2-level category structure and created tags for the topics that used to be in a sub-sub-category. But since our users are coming from a traditional forum they aren’t accustomed to using tags. Most don’t even seem to know that tags exist or how to filter by categories + tags to achieve the same topic lists that used to exist in a sub-sub-category.

Are there any way to enhance tag visibility and awareness, especially when viewing a sub-category inside /categories? I have Show subcategory list above topics in this category enabled for all categories, and I only have 1 or 2 tags that need to be featured. Since sub-categories + tags are now taking the place of sub-sub-categories, it would be nice to display that filter combination more prominently similar to how sub-categories can be shown in boxes or rows at the top. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

1 Like