How to get on the customer list?

Hi all,

we would like to join the customer list (Discourse customers | Discourse - Civilized Discussion) but i can’t see any contact there. We are running the website https://www.wer-weiss-was.de a german Q&A website based on Discourse with more than 1.6M topics, 6.7m posts and 600k users. We would be very happy to join this customer list. We have already participated in the further development of discourse (see e. g. topics of Profile - klopsknoedel - Discourse Meta) and will do in future.

1 Like

Hi @Mike_Gehrhardt,

The Customer’s list consists of people who are a customer of Discourse i.e. they’ve purchased a subscription directly from discourse.org

If you wish to become a member of the customers group, first thing to do would be to buy a package of your liking here:
Discourse pricing | Discourse - Civilized Discussion

Nb: Self hosted installs are Users (and not customers)

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer, sad that there is no user list to join. We are bound to GDPR and need to keep control over the data and where it’s stored.

2 Likes

There are some detailed posts about GDPR on meta. You can take a look at them.

Ohh I’m sorry I was a bit vague. I was talking about GDPR.

1 Like

I’ve used the search before posting but didn’t find something that fits my question.

2 Likes

For our paid hosting at discourse.org, you can read GDPR information in our privacy policy: Privacy policy | Discourse - Civilized Discussion

10 Likes

Fine, but the data of my customers is stored on your servers or AWS or DigitalOcian. So did you provide a DPA (it’s a bit off topic I know) see What is a GDPR data processing agreement? - GDPR.eu

2 Likes

We provide a DPA for all of the customers on our hosting who request it. We’re also Privacy Shield certified.

13 Likes