How to hide click counter on internal anchor links in the same post?

There’s probably not much can be done about this and it might not matter to anyone else, but I see it as a bug - it’s odd to me that when I create a table of contents for a long wiki post that it then shows the click count next to each link. This could get pretty crazy and doesn’t really bring anything.

As exemplified on a wiki page I created on my site:

Continuing the discussion from HTML anchors should be added:

TBH I can see how this might be useful to get a sense of what members are interested in, possibly indicating what could be improved.

In any case, have you looked into using CSS to display: none it?

Thanks @Mittineague! I have not tried looking into CSS to display: none it - and am not sure how to do that to be honest. Is it possible to do that specifically for internal links? If so then that would solve my problem. Any guidance much appreciated.

A workaround for your specific case - because all your internal page links begin with “#” - would be something like this:

a[href^="#"] span.clicks { display: none; }
6 Likes

thanks, dean! that works.

hmm… no solved button for bugs?

Changed the category to support so you can mark it solved. updated the title because I kept reading “counter augments” as “counter arguments”.

1 Like

Heh. Thanks!

As my friend told me yesterday… “I’d agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.”

1 Like

Something along these lines is in the works

Continuing the discussion from Discourse Version 1.4:

(I am very much looking forward to this)

1 Like