How to mention in Discourse comments, or disable commenting?

Hi there,

Our beta users are frustrated that it doesn’t seem possible to @ mention people in comments. Is there a way to enable this? Alternately, as I’ve noticed the meta Discourse seems to have disabled commenting entirely, how might this be achieved? Many thanks!

1 Like

Are they enabled?

1 Like

What do you mean by comments? - Those added by Discourse Post Voting?

1 Like

Yes, mentions are enabled. Users can mention one another in posts. However, they can’t mention one another in comments.

Here’s a screenshot of me trying to mention myself in a comment vs in a reply. The @[name] in the comment doesn’t become a mention.

1 Like

Yes, thank you @Moin. I didn’t realize that comments were an added feature of the Post Voting plugin. I have that enabled by default, so I thought the settings for comments would be found in Admin > settings, not in the plugin settings. I don’t see a way to make mentions available in the post voting plugin settings, but this answers the other question about how to disable comments in favour of replies.

2 Likes

You may need to make a feature request. Interesting though as would have thought mentions would work.

1 Like