How to move Google Groups migrated users from staged to active?

I have a CDCK client for whom I did a Google Groups import. I told them that people will need to do “reset password” to set their password, but the imported users are staged, and a user claims that trying to reset password results in “no account matches <email>”.

I can’t find a prescribed method for moving from staged to active and am not sure how to create a staged user to try to do a test.

1 Like

@pfaffman

Hope all is well.

Staged users are a boolean in the users table

staged                    | boolean                     |           | not null | false

So you can set this to false and they will no longer be staged

Ditto (almost) for active users:

active                    | boolean                     |           | not null | false

But how does a user who wants to be connected with their account do so without admin intervention?

Did you try the normal sign up flow?

2 Likes

Why was this decision made?

1 Like

That is the way that the Google groups importer works, but there could be a setting that I overlooked. I think it’s that you can’t assume that people who were in a Google group want to be in the community? But I didn’t write it.

EDIT: But I think that they reported that having people sign up does the Right Thing.

2 Likes

My bad I missed the “google groups” part! Editing title…

2 Likes

SO glad I’m not the only one who does this!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.