How to set localized `membership_level` text in Discourse?

I find this term membership_level did not get translated in my non-English forum auto message(%{membership_level} becomes “a member” in actual private message), by searching this term in text looks like there’s no way to change it from just editing the text here, is there a way to fix this?

Can you post a screenshot of where in the user interface you are seeing the membership_level text? That placeholder is not meant to be translated directly. It is supposed to be substituted with the user’s membership level by Discourse.

Can you also let us know which locale you are using on your site? There may be an error that is preventing the placeholder from being substituted for your site’s locale.

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of where in the user interface you are seeing the membership_level text?

Here is what I found when check system private message to a user:

where both in title and body %{membership_level} becomes “a member”, but I expect it to be substituted with a Chinese translation.

Can you also let us know which locale you are using on your site?

I set default locale to Chinese.

5 Likes

Thanks for reporting that issue. I fixed it in https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/31c1d57228b72637eadd02e5ff3e04ea7a3e159e.

The new strings should soon appear on translate.discourse.org for translation.

5 Likes