How to set which options are available for flagging?

(Paula Kreuzer) #1

…and that’s how I know it from most forums, but on MetaBrainz’ Discourse the message and something else options are missing.

At last for most people.

I’m a member there and don’t have these options a regular says they do have it, but a moderator confirmed he doesn’t.

Where would the admins find the option to change that?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

There is no way to change that, as far as I know, other than CSS hiding the options.

(Paula Kreuzer) #3

So if the admins didn’t do this intentionally this is probably an error caused by some other CSS customization they did?

(Freso) #4

I’m the moderator in question, and I am in fact not just a moderator, but the main admin of the site, if that makes any difference.

@codinghorror What CSS would I be looking for?

Another option maybe: we have user-to-user messaging turned off for the forum (for a couple of reasons), could this be the reason?

(Jeff Atwood) #5

Aha, good catch. With PMs disabled that would indeed remove the user to user PM and the user to staff PM options from the flag dialog.

(Freso) #6

Well, I guess that’s one mystery solved then. Thanks @codinghorror!

(Gavin Wilson) #7

Hi,

I recently sent an email in to team@discourse.org but I’ve not had an answer yet, so I’m wondering if that email is still utilised. That aside, we currently utilise Discourse to run our Wattpad Community - and it’s working well. In particular our users and moderators really like the Flag system to highlight inappropriate or concerning behaviours. But we’re wondering if it’s something we can expand somehow to add in a few more ‘reasons’.

Currently, we have this popping up when someone wants to flag a post with three choices as to why they’re flagging the post in question :

~

It’s Off-Topic - This post is not relevant to the current discussion as defined by the title and first post, and should probably be moved elsewhere.

It’s Inappropriate - This post contains content that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or a violation of our community guidelines.

It’s Spam - This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

~

Our Community is very concerned about users wellness in particular so we’re wondering if we can add in some more options on the flagging system, ones that cover people who may appear to be needing help, or who’re suicidal, and folks who’re in need of information or Support.

Is there a way to add in more options? If you could let me know if that’s possible and how to do that if it is, it’d be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Gavin