How to trigger Crowdin to be able to provide translations to new strings?

Hello everyone!
I’ve noticed that some strings in the “discourse-post-voting” plugin have been created for English but not for other languages. These strings seem to be missing in Crowdin, which makes it difficult to translate them.

One example is the string “create_as_post_voting,” which is only present in the “client.en.yml” file. I’ve also noticed that this file was last edited three months ago. I’m not familiar with the inner workings of Crowdin, but I was wondering if there is a way to trigger an update or synchronization with Crowdin so that we can provide translations for these missing strings. I’m guessing it’s done using Github Actions, so if someone with permissions can run the right action, please do.

It would be great to have all the necessary strings available for translation in Crowdin to ensure a complete and consistent localization of the plugin. If anyone has insights or suggestions on how to address this issue and enable translation for these missing strings in Crowdin, please let me know.
Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting that issue. We have a custom integration between GitHub and Crowdin that is supposed to update the English source strings on Crowdin as soon as there’s a change in the git repo. For some reason that didn’t work for this particular plugin. We will investigate…

I’ve triggered a manual update, so everything should be up-to-date on Crowdin.

4 Likes