How to turn off bootstrap notice?

My new discourse install has three members plus me, with two more about to join.

I keep seeing this

In settings, I can’t find anything searching for ‘bootstrap’ or anything else I can guess.

so, question one: why is it not turning itself off since we’ve crossed 3?

and question two, why can’t the admin turn it off?

thanks

2 Likes

bootstrap_mode_min_users is the setting you’re looking for. Maybe you limited your search to just one section of them.

The process that changes that runs just once daily, I think.

3 Likes

alas, searching for that phrase or just bootstrap turns up nothing

I can wait until tomorrow but thought I’d point it out for the next person

2 Likes

Strange:

Ah, but I hadn’t known that the Basic Plan hides so many settings.

2 Likes

Looking at the low number (3) in the banner I think that may be a Basic plan site? (it’s normally 50) If so, then the setting for bootstrap mode is a hidden setting on the Basic plan and can’t be tweaked like other tiers. But the banner is only visible to staff, and will clear within 24 hours after you hit the target number. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Don’t use underscores.

1 Like

Just for the record @Jagster, the admin setting search does work if you use the underscore version of the setting name :+1: :slight_smile: (as long as the site setting isn’t a hidden one)

3 Likes

I was quite ready to show screenshot where underscores doesn’t work.

Well, perhaps it’s better without that screenshot :rofl:

Abd I’ve cleaned those away every time… totally waste of time and good underscores :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.