HTML tags showing in banner and don't know where to change it

Hi, I have just started using the subscription plugin and I have added a banner on top of the header.

There is this html tag showing in the text and I don’t know where I can change this.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hmmm. :thinking: It seems to be doing it on my test one too. I think it could be a bug.

The banner displays fine when discourse subscriptions campaign type is set to ‘Amount’, but changing it to ‘Subscribers’ gives the html.

1 Like

Oh, but I would prefer to use the campaign set to subscribers not amount… can you help me with this bug?

I’m afraid I don’t know of a way to change that. I’ve recategorised this topic as ‘bug’, and hopefully that will get it some attention from people who know more. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks!! :slightly_smiling_face: It helps me know better how to ask for help in this community

1 Like

My CSS is very basic, but this will hide the text entirely if that’s any help in the short-term?

.campaign-banner-progress-description {
    display:none;
}
1 Like

Oh! Yes! Definitely! It helps a lot!

Where do I need to imput that text? In the Github plugin code?

Sorry, I have been learning about HTML and CSS but I’m still a total noob

Thanks so much!!

Sorry, I could’ve been much clearer. :slightly_smiling_face:

For that you can add it to the css of your theme by going to /admin/customize/themes, selecting a theme, and clicking on the ‘Edit CSS/HTML’ button. Then copy the code above and paste it into the common tab (and save).

Though it’s better to add it to a theme component if you can, as that will stop it getting overwritten in any updates (and you can attach it to multiple themes). It’s very similar to the above, but with a few extra button presses. :slightly_smiling_face: You can find out a bit more about that in:

2 Likes

Oh! It worked! So this is what I needed for now and can launch my community publicly as scheduled. Over the next few days I will add to a theme component and hopefull the bug will be fixed.

Thank you so much, you have been so helpful!

James Corden Hello GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

2 Likes

Hi! I still need help with this as the solution @JammyDodger kindly found is a temporal fix… thank you so much in advance!

Hi Hana,

This is on my list to fix this week, so that we have a permanent fix in place. I’ll be sure to let you know when I have an update.

2 Likes

Oh! Thank you so much :slightly_smiling_face: No hurry, I just wanted to specify that what I had found is a temporal fix.

1 Like

I think this is fixed now, if you want to update the plugin and remove your ‘hide text’ tweak. :+1:

2 Likes

Oh, thanks so much! Do you happen to know where I can translate the “of”?

I have found this, but when I translate it to spanish, it keeps the word in english

Captura de pantalla 2021-12-14 a las 22.35.25

1 Like

Oh okay, lets see

This is the english translation file:

And this is the Spanish translation file: discourse-subscriptions/client.es.yml at main · discourse/discourse-subscriptions · GitHub

and it looks like it is missing several translations :frowning:. It doesn’t even have the campaign: section.

Should it just say de instead of of for this line: goal_comparison: "<strong>%{current}</strong> of <strong>%{goal}</strong>"?

Hi, yes, exactly. It must read “de” instead of “of”

Thanks!!!

Okay great, I’ll fix that one up, and then I’ll see who we can reach out to do the other translations.

1 Like

EDIT: I solved it opening a private window in my browser :sweat_smile:

Thanks!! And one thing, I am trying to change this texts

• js.discourse_subscriptions.campaign.button
  • js.discourse_subscriptions.campaign.title
  • js.discourse_subscriptions.campaign.body

And I save the changes but then nothing happens, the texts remain the same

1 Like

So looks like all the translations can be edited here: Crowdin Enterprise

I went ahead and updated the goal_comparison one, but if you’d like you can update

these as well, so that other spanish sites also get these changes.

I’m still figuring out when the translations that are edited on that site will be applied to your site though.

Thanks! It’s very helpful! I’ll keep an eye for that translation :slight_smile:

1 Like